Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Finished The Know It All by A.J. Jacobs

As a librarian and lover of reference books, I applaud A.J. Jacobs for reading the Encyclopaedia Britannica from A-Z. Since I'm pretty sick right now, I can't give the book justice, but like The Year of Living Biblically, Jacobs is honest, intelligent, and supremely witty. I laughed out loud a few times. Also like his other book, you come away feeling that even though mankind can be a bunch of right evil bastards, we done some wonderful things that we can take pride of as a species. Now if they could just come up with an instant cure for sinus infections, I'd have a lot more pride in homo sapiens.

Still working on American Project. Started A Few Bricks Shy of a Load by Roy Blount, Jr., an account of his year with the 1973 Pittsburgh Steelers. So far, so awesome. But I'm a long time Steeler fan.

No comments: