Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Finished Midnight's Children Last Night

I finally finished Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie last night. I'm not sure when I'll have the review up, because it's a complicated book and I'd like to do it justice (though I'm sure I won't).

In other news, I believe I'm ending the 37 book project a little early. While I'm glad for the books I've read this year that I would have never read otherwise, it's obvious that I won't finish by the end of the year. Ok, also, I tried to start reading Robinson Crusoe yesterday and that early 18th century writing pissed me off. I've got a long list of things I want to read that have accumulated through the year and I want to have fun reading during the holidays.

Though don't despair, dear readers, as I've had a lot of fun doing this blog, so I'm going to keep it up for my other readings. (that is, of course, if any of you are still reading this blog).

So stay tuned for the review of Midnight's Children and a reflection on this project.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I enjoy reading vicariously through you! Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

I think I've read two books this year.

You are my hero and my light.

Don't you DARE stop writing this blog!

How was the David Sedaris book, by the way?

LibrarianGuy said...

Ok, you've two have convinced me (not that I needed much convincing).

The Sedaris book was, as usual, excellent. It was a good rebound from his last effort, Dress Your Family in Cordoroy and Denim, which I thought was kind of lame. But this one was back to the good stuff. For my money though, there isn't a funnier piece of writing than the chapter "You Can't Kill The Rooster" in Me Talk Pretty One Day. Sedaris is awesome.