Wednesday, August 27, 2008

15 to go and not much time left in the year

22 books down and 15 to go on the list. I've still got a solid 4 months in the calendar year, but with football season arriving, who knows how that might chew into my reading time. No worse than Big Brother or Survivor, I assume. Some calculations:

59% of the list completed, 41% remaining to be read

126 days left in the calendar year

I'll finish at the end of the calendar year if I read a book every 8.4 days

I started reading for the project 220 days ago.

Given that I finished Beloved on day 218, I'm averaging one book every 9.9 days

If I keep reading at my pace thus far, I'll be finished with the project in 148.5 days which is mid-day on January 29th, 2009. Which actually wouldn't be too bad for having started on January 20, 2008.

3 comments:

Anne said...

VERY impressive! Read on! (I should have you as a guest columnist on the leisure reading blog at some point!!)

amy said...

you know jennifer will love those stats! we're all about that stats here at blissell!!

Spoon said...

Less calculatin' and more readin'!!